Friday, September 24, 2010

Let the rain touch that Heart again

THE LITTLE THINGS
Its amazing how a few small things can brighten up a day and make you feel so contented.
A call from an old friend you always love to talk to but never quite find a way to speak out everything, a reassurance from your mummy, seeing a small squirrel nibbling on a nut under the shade of a tree or just simply finding that urge to run like you used to run in school as a little kid wearing those ridiculous blue half-pants..

It doesn't take much to be happy sometimes. These are the times when your mind shuts itself off from all the bigger problems of your life, your family, country and the world. Though rare, these presumably, are the moments of bliss that poets talk about.
With all that keeps happening around the world, and if you are in the habit of staying in touch with news or newspapers, it is very likely to lose your peace of mind. I believe that there is something better for us to do than worrying over everything. And something far better than writing sarcastic or satirical remarks about it on Facebook..(It happens with all of us:)
hen this happens what I do is to start doing something that I love to do.
There are so many things to be done. I always wanted to learn guitar, play basketball, do some cycling, make a 3D model in 3DS Max, learn a new programming language, go in-depth into DSP and learn about embedded programming....
This list goes on and on.

THE RAINS
When I was in college I always tried to do such things and now that I get so little time, I really feel I should have used my time better. I did accomplish a few of these things but only partially. I so much want to have that same kind of time.
My college is in the state of Arunachal Pradesh. Its name is NERIST. It was a beautiful place and I always loved walking through the green pathways.

There was the tree lined road at the entrance from where you could see the mountains beyond the horizon if there weren't the white clouds, the single tree by the playground with its characteristically round foliage, the bamboo shoots going high up in the air, the rain pouring suddenly on a shiny day and the couples moving about in their colored umbrellas.

These all were the sights that touched my heart as I would sometime walk alone back to my home or the hostel. Besides its beauty the place had a lot more and its own share of strange problems.
I don't think students anywhere else  find themselves in a place so bewildering. But there is a lot i can talk about this, maybe some other day.

OF PASSIONS AND LOVE

I always used to tell all my friends and juniors, even seniors and almost anyone who would listen, that we all need to have some passions, be awed by somethings and pursue a mastery in something that we love to do. Getting excited by almost everything new comes naturally to me and I always wonder that why doesn't everybody want to do these things.

Why do they find it more interesting to just sit playing a computer game, watching a movie or just finishing up a bottle of Vodka.(Not that I have anything against Vodka).?I don't want to sound too self righteous and holier than thou because I have wasted more time in the first two of above three things than most people.
But I just think that all of our lives can be far better if we learn to find our passions and start pursuing them. I don't recommend leaving studies aside to do that. Studying must be on the passion-list of a would-be-engineer.
When you actually do something of your own, its a great feeling.
The first time I made my guitar sound cool enough, it was awesome. The first time my 3D model resembled a human head, it was awesome. These are the things I love to look back and think that maybe someday, I'll do them again.
Find such a thing for yourself and work for it.
Find a common goal among your friends and work for it.
Its great learning and sharing.
Let the rain touch your heart again

I'll try to tell you more about the things I loved doing or love to do and if they match with yours then let me know, Maybe  I could help you to start something off..:)

I am in my good enlightened mood today and don't feel like cursing the world, It feels good.
Hope you find that peace and joy often too. I say often, because it can't be everlasting.

PS

We talked after such a long time like old friends.....it was great.
Mummy was pretty convinced that things will be alright.
That squirrel looked really great nibbling those nuts.
I actually ran all the way from the site to the office in the wind.
I played the riff of 'One last breath' by Creed and it sounded good enough.

Touch-wood, it all happened today..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment