Monday, March 28, 2011

The story was never perfect

Today I have been feeling a bit sad..
Sad for things that I haven't ever talked about..

I have been trying..trying really hard...right since the time I remember..
Most things haven't come easy to me. I have struggled and still struggle at times with gnawing Self-doubt. I have overcome it at times and always, always blamed things that went wrong on 'This is how it was meant to happen'.

I don't know if all that I perceive as being wrong is really wrong...No its not...

But this feeling doesn't go away tonight..I wish I could just wish it away...
The story was never perfect...




Splasssshhhh....Water...Cold...Very cold...He could almost feel it on his numb face...
Distant voices...
"Wake him up...get him to speak...WAKE HIM UP"

He had always loved the feel of cold water on his face..So cold that it stopped the breath midway to his lungs...choking him....but never enough to take him the whole way...
That was what he loved about water..
A glimpse into another world, just a glimpse...

It would engulf his face for that one flowing instant and take him into another dimension, devoid of all thought, and then leave him gasping..

Distant voices again...closer to his head now...
A crackling sound..coming closer...Electric clamps...He feels it...
Sounds like those leaves under his feet...But it was in another world..in another time..

"This should jolt him back"
"We don't have much time. He is the only one who knows it"

Then it hits..A shock to every living tissue in his body..His body resists but it shakes him like a dead leaf...

"Is he back......Is he awake..??"

Flashback... 

3 comments:

  1. This confuses me! Well written, but i am excited to know what it is! You are a good writer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashok Bhaiya...Yaar..you are always up with encouragement...Ab aapko kya thanks bolna par sach..thanks..:)
    This is just an idea i had about an opening sequence..Aise hi kuch likhne ka mann ho raha tha.. but I am realizing that getting things through needs quite a bit of hard work..:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. its good Manish! continue this .. I would really like to see it taking shape! it is interesting!

    ReplyDelete